Recipe: $4.00 | Per Serving: $1.00 | Yield: 4
The easiest tastiest one-pot 4-ingredient vegan meal (ever!) is ready for your stovetop. It’s creamy and flavorful and so.so.so simple. You can make it totally from scratch, or use the convenience of canned coconut milk, canned chickpeas, and canned diced tomatoes, which means you basically make this from pantry staples, and you could even use frozen spinach or collards or kale instead of the fresh kale as listed. Tap into the power of the coconut-tomato combo and it’s the easiest weeknight dinner of all time: (4-Ingredient!) Coconut Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Kale.
So excited for my lunch tomorrow. In other news, HI! 🖐🏻 I took a not-on-purpose break because of school overwhelm. I had a week of food that didn’t turn out so great (don’t put cauliflower sauce in the crockpot, it’s NOT good), and then after that I had some delicious food with no time for blogging, so it turned into a two-week blogging break. It wasn’t intended, but it was completely necessary.
Life things have started calming down a little, and I think I’m in the eye of the storm, so it’s great that I can experiment with easy & awesome recipes for now & the future. This weekend I made this super awesome 4-Ingredient Vegan Coconut Chickpea, Ginger Beef and Cabbage, Jalapeño Salsa Verde Soup, Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Biscuits, and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. I’m so excited to have a fridge full of meals and some healthier snacks to reach for this week.
The busier school things get, the worse my diet becomes. I’m not excited about the photos on this post (sorry), but and I’m super excited about easy one-pan dishes!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 cans, drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (1.5 cups)
- 1 can coconut milk (1.5 cups)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 cups chopped kale
- Combine the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Add the washed and chopped kale and stir well. Cook uncovered until the kale is just wilted and bright green, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve as is or with brown rice, naan, or rice noodles.