Recipe: $6.40 | Per Serving: $1.60 | Yield: 4 | Jump to Recipe
Avocado + tomato + cucumber + bell pepper = the easiest summer salad ever! This easy summer vegetable salad is a beautiful rainbow, and highly recommended for year-round enjoyment.
Yes, I am posting this in the depths of winter. Yes, I understand it is out of season. But, if you can get your hands on ripe tomatoes and good avocados, you should still make this salad! My sister (Jayme) served this to us when we arrived in San Jose over Christmas and it was the perfect welcome-back-to-California dish.
We all raved over it, but it’s deceptively simple. Chop up a cucumber, some tomatoes, a bell pepper, and an avocado. Combine in a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. Done! Since we are doing a January Whole 30, I wanted to share this right away. It’s packed full of awesome phytonutrients (hi, rainbow!), and healthy fats (avocado and olive oil), and it is an easy Whole 30 vegan dish.
I’m not ready to be back in Baltimore with the 20-degree weather (and below!!!!!!!), so I had to bring a little brightness to my first week of 2018, and I think you should too! (Don’t worry, all the other meals in my life are winter-weather soups and stews.)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ~2 cups halved/quartered medium-small tomatoes (1 pint grape tomatoes)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- optional: cilantro garnish
- Cut the avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, and tomatoes into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, then salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust oil/lemon/salt/pepper as needed and serve!
Nutrition Label is for 4 Servings