100% whole wheat flour banana muffins are a hearty and delicious way to start the day. Lightly sweetened with dates these muffins are a healthy option for snacks too.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 Tbsp plain yogurt, (or 2 tbsp milk + 2 tbsp greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup date syrup (or 3 Tbsp honey)
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp melted butter (or ¼ cup coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- optional: ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas well, then add the wet ingredients (yogurt mixture, date syrup, eggs, butter, vanilla), mixing until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt, spices.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide into 12 silicone or lined muffin cups and bake for about 22-24 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade banana muffins, healthy banana muffins, whole wheat banana muffins