This super easy Lamb Curry yields 4-5 servings, is mild in curryness, but not short on flavor! The perfect beginner's curry recipe.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder (Frontier is the best)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 pinches of salt* add more to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed (about 4-5 cups cubed)
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice
- 10-16 oz fresh or frozen greens (kale or spinach)
- 10-16 oz fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- Optional: cilantro
- Add a little coconut oil (or ghee), the onions, and the lamb to the pot and cook until browned. Stir in the spices, then add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, greens, and cauliflower rice. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted and warm. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Dish into bowls and top with cilantro!
Increase salt if you're using completely unsalted chicken broth or water!
- Nutrition Label is Based on 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins