- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs (I’ve used both!)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon each: paprika, cayenne, turmeric, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the almond meal and spices. In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- Prep the chicken by removing any bones or excess fat, and slicing it into strips (or nuggets).
- Dip each strip (or a few at a time) in the egg mixture and then dredge in the almond meal mixture. Feel free to smash extra almond meal on there – it tastes good!
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or use a rack for optimal crispiness), and bake on 375ºF for 16-18 minutes.
- Note: I’ve made nut-crusted strips with crushed almonds and pistachios as well, so if you don’t have almond meal, just coat the chicken with crushed nuts!
- Category: Appetizer, Entree, Lunch, Dinner, Snack