- 1 avocado
- 3 anchovy filets (or maybe about 2 tsp anchovy paste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- optional: red pepper flakes
- For salad: 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned, chopped, and dry
- Put lemon juice in blender. Mince anchovies and garlic and add to blender. Cut open avocado and give it a quick dice. Add half to blender and blend together until smooth.
- Add remaining seasonings (salt, pepper) and the other half of the avocado. Blend until smooth.
- Add parmesan and olive oil and blend on low until combined, making sure most of the parmesan is broken up well. Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, or pepper to taste!
- Mix with chopped romaine and top with parmesan and optional red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- *Note: I like mine tangy, so I actually squeezed a wedge of lemon juice over my salad.
- Category: Salad, Dressing, Condiment