- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (or more to taste!)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Shred the cabbage and kale and set aside. (If you have a food processor, that’s awesome, otherwise, you can shred it pretty easily with a knife. Bigger pieces, but that’s okay!) Shredded Cabbage
- Dice the onion and place in bowl with 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Using a blender, blend together the avocados, parsley, remaining lemon juice, apple cider, and olive oil. You might want to add the avocados one at a time. (You can also use a fork, but just mince the parsley up so it mixes well.)
- Pour the onion (with juice), over the kale-cabbage mix and cover with avocado puree. Add red pepper flakes, mix well and add salt and pepper to taste! Set aside for 1 hour, or overnight to let the flavors really meld together. Serve as a bed for bun-free burgers or grilled vegetables, on top of sandwiches and hot dogs, or as a dip! Avocado Kale Coleslaw With Grilled Veggies
- Notes: Feel free to add more traditional flavors like shredded carrots if you want, or add more vinegar or honey for that sweet-tangy flavor.
- Category: Side Dish, Dip, Condiment