- 2 medium organic zucchini
- 1-2 roma tomatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh pesto
- fresh mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz)
- oil for greasing pan
- salt, pepper
- optional balsamic for drizzling
- Start by slicing your zucchini, tomato, and mozzarella into thin, even slices. (Mandolin is very helpful for the zucchini). You’re looking for 36 slices of zucchini, and 12 slices of each the tomato and mozzarella.
- Lightly grease your muffin tin and place two rounds of zucchini in the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with a dab of pesto, a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, and another zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top and bake on 350ºF for about 12-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Let cool and remove to a serving dish! If you’d like to be fancy, drizzle with a little balsamic reduction before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack, Appetizer