- 2 frozen bananas (1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 1.5 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ice cubes (1/2 cup)
- Add the banana and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, mix the cocoa powder and maple syrup together until it forms a “wet” chocolate syrup. Add the vanilla and stir well. Then add this syrup to the blender and continue blending until combined.
- At this point, the shake will be super thick with a soft-serve/smoothie consistency, to make it a little more like a milkshake (and to keep it cold), add about 1/2 a cup of ice cubes and blend well. Serve in hipster Mason jars or stick a straw in the blender and slurp it up!
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Category: Drink, Dessert