These fast 5-ingredient banana oat cookies are boosted with super seeds - hemp hearts and ground flax - for added protein and healthy fats! These cookies are a healthy, well balanced, and delicious dessert or snack!
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or date puree or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork, then mix in the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients – oats, hemp seeds, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, and sea salt - and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, saving a few to top the cookies with.
- Mold cookies with spoons or your hands, and drop onto a silpat- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Press some remaining chocolate chips into any cookies that need more chocolate. Bake on 350 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes.
Sweetness level will depend on how ripe your bananas are. If they are not very overripe, you may want to use one additional Tablespoon of honey.
Substitutions: These also work well with sunflower seed butter and almond butter. I have not tried other nut / seed butters.
Nutrition label is for 1 cookie (1/32nd of the recipe), but please enjoy as many cookies as you'd like.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven, Baking
- Cuisine: American