- 1-2 cups cooked sorghum (or quinoa, farro, barley, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 super ripe & awesome tomatoes (heirloom if you can!)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 cups fresh greens (arugula!)
- fresh parmesan cheese for topping
- If you don’t have cooked sorghum, start by cooking 1/2 cup dry sorghum. Then set aside to cool.
- In a medium pot, warm the oil over low heat. Grate or mince the garlic and add to the oil. Cook for about one minute, stirring. Make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Cut your tomatoes into wedges or bite-sized chunks. Add to pot and remove from heat. Stir well and let the tomatoes absorb some of the garlic flavor.
- Add cooled sorghum and stir well. Stir in balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. You can mix in the greens now, or plate them (2 servings) and add the sorghum-tomato mixture to the top.
- Top with 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad