- 1.5 ounces fresh basil leaves - may need to purchase 2.5oz* see note
- 5-6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or water
- optional: squeeze of lemon or clove of garlic
- Start by pulsing the basil in the food processor until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor and texture as desired. Olive oil or water will thin it out, lemon, garlic, and salt will give an oomph of flavor. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve with crackers and sliced raw vegetables. I super love the combo of Triscuits/woven wheat crackers and grape/cherry tomatoes.
*I usually purchase between 1-2.5 ounces of basil for this recipe. I know that seems very variable, but the 2.5oz of Organic Basil from Trader Joe’s has at least an ounce-worth of stems, which I don’t use. So you want 1.5 ounces of LEAVES.