- 1/2 Tablespoon oil or butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 pound beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 large butternut squash, cubed (about 4ish cups cubed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- 4–6 cups chopped kale
- In a large skillet or pot, warm the oil or butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and brown through.
- Once the beef is browned, add the garlic and tomato paste and incorporate well, cooking for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the squash, water, salt, smoked or regular paprika, red pepper flakes, and some black pepper. Stir well and cover. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir well. Then add the chopped kale to the top and cover. Cook another 3-4 minutes, or until the kale is fully wilted, but still bright green.
- Serve as is or with bread, rice, or pasta.