These blender pumpkin spice muffins are gluten-free, with no added sugar (good for kiddos!), and perfect for fall!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup pitted dates (~4.5 ounces)
- optional: hot water for soaking dates if needed
- optional: ripe banana for added sweetness
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional – can omit)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts + more for topping
- If your dates are hard, or if your blender is old, I recommend soaking the dates in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. If you have an older or less powerful blender, you may want to blend the dates with the wet ingredients first before adding the oats!
- Pour or scoop into 12 muffin cups (I use a silicone muffin pan), and bake on 350ºF for about 18-20 minutes.
- Poke with a toothpick to check for doneness (toothpick should come out 90% clean) – let cool slightly and serve with butter!
If your dates are super hard or old, I recommend soaking them in hot water before adding to the blender!
Freeze ’em! You can definitely freeze these and store them for later. I like to chomp them before a run since oats are really easy to digest.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American