- 1–2 teaspoons oil or butter
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- black pepper – to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- Before beginning, preheat your oven to 350ºF and prepare all your ingredients, because this comes together quickly. Slice the onions, mince the garlic, chop the broccoli, and shred the cheese.
- Warm an oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat add oil and onions and sauté for 2-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another minute. Next, add the chopped broccoli and the salt and sauté just another minute, then spread out evenly in pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add a little black pepper to the eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and shake a little to ensure it is even. Top with the cheddar cheese and let cook 2 minutes on the stovetop.
- Remove from stovetop and place in oven. Bake on 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let cool until the eggs slightly deflate, then remove from pan and slice in 4-6 pieces. Serve immediately (with toast!) or store in fridge or freezer.