Spruce up a basic can of mackerel with a dash of red wine vinegar and serve it alongside colorful vegetables, hummus, and crackers for an easy, no-cook light meal or snack.
- 1 can of mackerel (4.4 oz, canned in olive oil or water)
- 4 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/3 cup hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 a red bell pepper
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
- 1–2 medium carrots
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 2 servings of crackers
- Optional: microgreens for garnish
- Open a can of mackerel and break the filets up in a bowl. Add red wine vinegar and olive oil (I use the oil from the can if they’re canned in olive oil). Stir well and set aside.
- Wash the vegetables. Remove the seeds and stem from the bell peppers and slice into strips. Scrub the carrots and slice into sticks.
- Place the hummus in a small serving dish.
- Arrange the vegetables, crackers, and dishes of mackerel and hummus on a plate and serve!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Light Meal
- Method: No Cook
Keywords: canned mackerel, gluten free, rainbow vegetables