Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bites are the perfect treat for bento boxes and snacks, and for serving with snack-style meals!
- 1 cup steamed or frozen broccoli florets (or 3/4 cup riced broccoli)
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, about 0.6 oz (more or less to taste – can also sub with cheddar) – I use this microplane for my Parmesan!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste (can start with 1/4 teaspoon and increase to taste)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Pulse the broccoli florets in the food processor until minced and “rice-like.” (Skip this step if using riced broccoli.)
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving about 1/2 cup quinoa. Pulse until it begins to get just a bit sticky and a paste-like consistency is reached. Stir in the remaining quinoa. (Optional: you can pulse all quinoa together, but saving some to mix in later just provides a nicer consistency in the final product.)
- Scoop into round balls using a cookie scoop, pressing gently before releasing from the scoop. Or press into a greased mini muffin tin. If the quinoa balls aren’t sticking together, place half the mixture back into the food processor and process a bit more.
- Bake on 375ºF for 20 minutes. Enjoy warm or cold!
I usually use frozen broccoli florets. You can measure out a cup and then blitz them in the food processor.
Keeping some of the quinoa unprocessed preserves the texture, resulting in a lighter quinoa bite. This is optional – you can pulse all of it if that’s easier!
To increase protein: stir in 2-4 Tablespoons of hemp seeds before forming into bites!
Recipe makes 15 bites using a small size cookie scoop or 24 bites using a mini muffin pan.
Nutrition label is per 1 bite using a cookie scoop.