This is a delicious one skillet recipe that packs in the protein and fiber and healthy fats, along with tons of flavor. It doesn’t get better than this easy weeknight recipe!
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon mild or neutral vinegar (such as apple cider vinegar), optional, if needed to de-glaze the pan
- 1 pound frozen riced cauliflower (fresh would probably work too, but I haven’t tried it)
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup pesto (store-bought or homemade – dairy free used in this recipe)
- 3 cups cooked white cannellini beans (or other white beans, 2 cans, drained)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Slice chicken thighs into small bite-sized cubes. When pan is hot, add olive oil and swirl it around, then immediately add the cubes of chicken thighs. Season with the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned on all sides and full cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- If there are lots of brown bits stuck to the bottom of your pan, de-glaze by adding the vinegar (could also use wine or water), and stirring up all those tasty bits!! (This is called the ‘fond.’) Dump in the riced cauliflower and stir well to combine with the fond. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Meanwhile, slice the roasted red peppers, then add them to the pain with the cauliflower. Cook another 2-3 minutes to ensure everything is fully cooked, then stir in the pesto and drained white beans. Stir well to combine. Cook together over low-medium heat for about 3 minutes until warmed through.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Stir in the lemon juice, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed, by adding more salt or pesto. Serve and enjoy!
This comes together in about 15-20 minutes, all in one pan, so make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go before getting started.
As always, remember the nutrition label is just an estimate.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Easy Weeknight
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American Italian
Keywords: pesto, chicken pesto, white bean pesto, gluten free, cauliflower rice, pesto cauliflower rice, roasted red peppers, chicken pesto skillet, white bean pesto skillet