- 1.25 cups peanuts (you can sub with any other nuts you like!)
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (dark if you’ve got it)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- shredded coconut, for topping
- Start by processing the peanuts into creamy peanut butter. In my Ninja food processor, I process them for 2 minutes, stop and stir, and process for 1 minute more. (You can also use about 1/2 cup peanut butter instead.)
- Pour peanut butter into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients (except the shredded coconut). Feel free to add other mix-ins, like crushed pecans! [Alternatively, you can mix the cocoa powder and the maple syrup together un a small bowl until it looks ‘wet’ and then add it to the processor to blend.]
- Roll out about a Tablespoon of mixture at a time into a smooth ball and place on parchment-lined sheet pan. You can roll the balls in shredded coconut, chocolate bits, crushed nuts, or whatever you like! This recipe makes between 10-14 balls!
- Place sheet pan in freezer for about 1 hour to solidify! Store balls in fridge or freezer and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Snack