Make everything taste like Mexican-style Chorizo with this Easy Chorizo Sausage Seasoning!
- 3 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons salt (optional - can wait to add until cooking time)
- 1 Tablespoon ground ancho pepper (or can sub with more cayenne)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cayenne
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small glass container or spice jar and stir well too combine. Optional: I often leave the salt out and add it during cooking instead.
- Use this to season a wide variety of foods!
- To Make Chorizo: In a large bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons Chorizo Seasoning with 1 pound ground pork. Cook in a skillet as ground sausage or form into patties and fry each side until cooked through.
This recipe, with the salt, yields about 11 Tablespoons of Chorizo Sausage Seasoning. I recommend 1-2 Tablespoons per pound of ground pork.
If you do not have ancho chili powder, you can double the cayenne instead.
Ground coriander, the seed of the cilantro plant, is another commonly used spice in Mexican chorizo. This is not as readily available (to me) and is not included in this recipe. I encourage you to experiment with it when you have it on hand!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Condiment