Have no fear! You can make a homemade salad dressing that blows the store bought stuff out of the park! It’s as easy as finding a food processor or blender and whipping up these simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon mayo (homemade or Primal Kitchens)
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 habanero (can add more or less or sub with jalapeño)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Add all ingredients (except the oil) to a food processor or blender and blend until cilantro is chopped and dressing is mostly smooth.
- Add olive oil and blend just until smooth. (Blending olive oil too much can cause a bitter taste.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary and that’s it!
- Optional: you can absolutely mince the cilantro and the habanero and shake everything up in a jar if you can’t or don’t want to use a processor or a blender.
I’ve used anywhere from 1/2 cup – 1 cup cilantro leaves. Just use the amount you have on hand or adjust to accommodate your preferences.
- Category: Dressing, Sauce