These easy cocoa-coco no-bake macaroons are so delicious, and perfect for last-minute omg-my-guest-is-allergic-to-everything moments.
- 1.5 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips, for drizzling.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Scoop about 1-2 Tablespoons’ worth of dough and roll in one hand to create firm little bites.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips and drizzle on top! You could also use softened coconut butter for pretty white drizzling.
The chia seeds are added to help it bind together, but also to give a little teeny tiny fat & protein nudge. They're mostly optional. The vanilla is pretty optional - it makes the flavor pop, but I tasted them before adding it and it was still awesome. The chocolate drizzle is also optional, but I mostly added it because they're much prettier that way. Drizzle is definitely NOT needed because they're quite sweet already.
Maple Syrup: I originally wrote the recipe with 1/4 cup maple syrup, but I think the sweetness level is better with just 2-3 Tablespoons. You can also compensate with more coconut oil to get the right consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan macaroons, gluten free dessert, gluten free macaroons