This coconut Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a veggie-packed take on a classically delicious meal. The strong coconut, garlic, and cayenne flavors fall light on your tongue and dance in perfect harmony with the shrimp, zoodles, and gluten-free pasta.
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (virgin!)
- 14 oz shrimp (de-veined, cleaned, peeled)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (1 15-oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- If you're not using prepped shrimp, you want to get it ready by removing the shell and vein. I also remove the tails because I think they're obnoxious to eat around (though you can eat them), but I left a few on for the sake of presentation. Rinse and pat dry.
- Using a spiralizer, julienne peeler, mandolin, or very fancy knife skills, cut your zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- Mince or grate the garlic. Melt the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add the shrimp and garlic, about half the cayenne, and a sprinkle of the salt. Cook until opaque and pink, maybe 3-5 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. (Please note that rice noodles and gluten-free pasta WILL clump together, so save this step until you've already cooked the shrimp. :)
- Add coconut milk to the same pan. Season with salt and cayenne and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-3 minutes, then add the cooked spaghetti, zucchini, and shrimp to the pan and turn off the heat. Stir until well combined and warmed through (about 1-2 minutes). Serve!
Optional: Garnish with parsley and top with a squeeze of lemon juice!
Nutrition label below (just an estimate), uses brown rice spaghetti.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Gluten Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pasta, coconut garlic shrimp, gluten free coconut garlic shrimp