- 1 spaghetti squash (~4 pounds, or 4-6 cups cooked)
- 8 ounces sausage (try homemade!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Tablespoons cream cheese (half an 8oz package)
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 8 cups fresh kale or mustard greens
- salt to taste
- Cook spaghetti squash in the oven or microwave, according to your preferred method. (I usually cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, then place it cut-side-down in a large casserole dish. Add about 1/2 cup of water and bake on 400ºF for about 50 minutes, or until tender.) When the spaghetti squash is done, scoop out the strands with a fork or large spoon and set aside.
- Slice the sausage, or remove the casing and crumble it (my preference). In a large pan, brown the sausage, seasoning with the red pepper flakes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, then add the cream cheese and broth and stir until well combined and creamy. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the kale and cover for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir well. Season with salt to taste, then mix in the spaghetti squash. Mix well, then taste and season again. Serve!
- Optional: top with some Parmesan cheese or fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min