This lightly spiced curry chicken salad gets a dose of sweetness from apples and raisins, and is paired with bitter endives for digestive health! Enjoy as endive boats or skip endives in favor of your favorite vegetables, lettuce wraps, tortillas, crackers, or bread.
- 1/3 cup mayo (homemade or avocado recommended)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (start with less if you’re new to curry)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (about 1–2 TBSP)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 medium apple, minced (~3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 20 medium-large endive leaves (about 2 or 3 Belgian endives)
- In a small bowl. combine the mayo, curry powder, and lime juice, and stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, raisins, and chopped cilantro. Stir in the mayo mixture, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Rinse the exterior of the endives and then gently pull the leaves and break them off from the root until you have about 20 endive ‘boats’.
- Scoop 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken salad mixture into each endive leaf and serve! Great for an appetizer tray or no-cook lunch. Eat with your hands!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
Keywords: chicken salad, curry chicken, curry chicken salad, endive, endive boats, bitter foods