This bitter greens pesto is packed with flavor and nutrition, and the perfect way to start introducing bitter foods into your diet!
- 1/2 cup bitter greens (endive, dandelion, radicchio, mustard, etc.)
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional, for bright bitter flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (optional – FODY foods Garlic Infused Olive Oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1-2 Tablespoons chopped chives
Combine all ingredients in food processor. Process until well chopped and mixed, about 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: blender, food processor
- Cuisine: italian, american
Keywords: pesto, dairy free pesto, bitter greens pesto, vegan pesto