- 3 cups fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp water (if necessary)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
- (optional 1/3 cup parmesan cheese)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (+2 Tbsp olive oil if necessary)
- Blend about half of the basil with the garlic, lemon juice until it is mostly blended, add water if necessary to get the blades moving.
- Add remaining basil, walnuts, salt, and cheese (if using) and blend again until mostly smooth, scraping down sides until smooth.
- Open the small screw cap on your blender and drizzle the olive oil in while you blend on low. Blend until combined, scraping down sides as necessary. Taste and adjust as necessary – adding more ingredients as you desire. :)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauce