Make this DELICIOUS roasted delicata squash while the season lasts – you’ll never get sick of it, I promise!
- 2 Delicata squashes (about 1 pound each)
- 1–2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper (or more to taste)
- Optional: add more herbs and spices, I love smoked paprika, cayenne, and Italian herb seasoning!
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the ends off the Delicata squash to create a flat surface, then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard or save for roasting.
- Slice the squash into 1/4-inch slices. Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. (And any additional herbs & spices.)
- Spread the squash out on two baking sheets in one even layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove one tray at a time and flip each piece of squash. Roast for another 15-25 minutes, or until it is brown and caramelized.
Don’t forget to flip! Opening the oven actually releases some of the steam, which increases crisping, and flipping gives both sides contact with the sheet pan. This results in the crispiest delicata!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
Keywords: delicata squash, roasted delicata squash, how to cook delicata, winter squash