- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (around 2 cans, drained)
- 2 cloves unpeeled garlic
- Juice of 1/4-1/2 lemon (to taste)
- 2 – 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional, can substitute with more olive oil)
- 1/2 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- For roasted garlic, simply place unpeeled in the oven for about 20 minutes on about 350 degrees fahrenheit. Meanwhile, you can peel the chickpeas or assemble your other ingredients. I use a little sesame oil to help give it that authentic flavor without buying the tahini (sesame paste). You can use 100% olive oil if you prefer. (Cheaper that way.) Chick peas and oil
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth, adding as much water as necessary to reach the consistency you desire.
- Top with a little oil to keep it moist, and any other toppings you’d like. (Pine nuts, sesame seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.) Serve with pita or carrots or bell pepper slices and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Sauce, Dip