- 8-ish ounces buckwheat soba noodles (one package of 3 rolls)
- 8–10 cups chicken or vegetable stock (I used 8 cups broth and 2 cups water)
- 1 pound frozen mixed vegetables (4–5 cups)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper if necessary
- optional fancifications: cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, nori (seaweed), rice vinegar, sriracha, red pepper flakes, green onion
- Pour broth/water into a large sauce pot and bring to a boil. Add buckwheat soba noodles and cook for about 6 minutes, then add eggs (crack them into a cup or bowl first to check for shell pieces). You can stir them around right away (for wispy egg-drop like soup), or let them chill for 30-seconds or so and then scramble them a bit (for a few firmer pieces of egg).
- Finally, after about two minutes, toss in the vegetables and stir until they’re warm, about 2 more minutes. DINNER IS SERVED.
- NOTES: For added flavor, stir in some soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, or sriracha, or top with green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, or strips of nori (seaweed). Enjoy!
- Category: Soup