This super fun Frankenstein Avocado Toast is the perfect Halloween snack! Pair it with your breakfast and see how spooky your day gets!
- 2 slices bread for toasting
- 1 sheet nori (this is the seaweed used for making sushi)
- 1 pitted black olive (can also use pre-sliced), optional for eyes
- 1/2 a medium avocado (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice from about 1-2 wedges of lemon or lime
- Place your sheet of nori on a cutting board.
- Flip your bread around to discover the flat side that is most appropriate for the top of Frankenstein's head. Match it to the sheet of nori and mark the nori with the approximate side so you can cut the 'hair' appropriately.
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, cut the nori into the following shapes:
- Hair - flat top with triangular bottoms, matching the length of the part of the bread that will be the top of Frankenstein's head
- Mouth - each mouth is a long thin strip, with shorter thin strips for the crosshatch stitch
- Nose - a triangle or flat line works here
- Eyes - triangle nori works for eyes (if you're not using black / green olives here)
- If using olives, slice them into 4 hollow rounds to make 'eyes'
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with desired seasonings.
- When toast is ready, spread each with mashed avocado. Set it on your table / board with the flat 'top of the head' on the top. Create your face with nori and (optional) sliced olives, like the photos above.