Make your own homemade frozen meals with this fast and easy method. Spice it up with your own favorite sauces, or stick with this spicy Harissa sauce!
- 1 package (16 oz) Trader Joe’s Simply Roast Chicken (or use homemade shredded chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Harissa Paste
- 2 cups Frozen Cooked Brown Rice
- 16 oz Frozen Broccoli
- 4–8 Tablespoons Hummus
- Optional: If your chicken is particularly dry, you can add a drizzle of olive oil as well.
- Start by chopping up the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with 2 Tablespoons Harissa paste. Divide this Harissa Chicken among the four freezer-safe containers. (About 4 oz per container.)
- Using a measuring cup, measure 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and add to the other side of the containers.
- Divide the frozen broccoli evenly among the containers, filling the rest of each container all the way. (NOTE: you may have to chop some of the larger pieces of broccoli.)
- Top each with a dollop of hummus (about 1-2 Tablespoons), cover, seal, and store in the freezer!
You may have to chop up some larger pieces of frozen broccoli.
If your chicken is a bit dry, I recommend drizzling it with a touch of olive oil.
You can use fresh ingredients for this recipe, such as leftover rice, but they may freeze in one solid block.
Nutrition label is for 2 Tablespoons of hummus per container.
- Category: Frozen Meals, Freezer Meals, Frozen Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American, Spicy
Keywords: homemade frozen dinners, homemade frozen meals, homemade frozen rice bowl, chicken harissa frozen dinner