- 3 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds (raw)
- 1 cup walnut baking pieces (raw)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup carob chips (half portion)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (half portion)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- (optional) 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 cup cranberries, 1/4 cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees, and line a large rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper. (You’ll be so glad you did.)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan with the honey. When fully combined, add vanilla.
- Mix together all dry ingredients except the cranberries and carob chips – oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix well, looking for dry pockets throughout the mixture!
- For regular version, spread the entire mixture in the cookie sheet. I made it pretty tight so it would stick together well. Alternatively, you can reserve half the mixture, add in the cranberries and carob chips, then place on the other half of the cookie sheet or on another sheet altogether.
- Cook for 75 minutes on 250. Remove from oven and let it cool until partially hard – around 5 minutes. Then cut or score the granola to make it easier to break apart when it is completely cool. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack