- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3.5 cups oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 dried dates, roughly chopped (or 1/2 cup date syrup)
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter and honey in small saucepan, then mix in the vanilla. (If using, add date syrup here.)
- In separate large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and spices (oats, nuts, seeds, spices, salt, flaxseed).
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture, scraping out all the butter and honey from the saucepan and mix well.
- Remove pits and stems from dates and roughly chop, then spread throughout mixture and stir. (Try to coat them with oats so the date pieces don’t stick together.
- Spread out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 75 minutes (1h 15min) on about 275 F. (I have to do mine at 280 in two batches because my only cookie sheet is super small and my oven’s lowest temp is 280. Anywhere from 250-300 should work!.)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert