- CHICKEN: Bones of one 4-pound chicken, or other scraps (including vegetables)
- VEGETABLE: 1-2 pounds of onion, celery, garlic, and carrot scraps
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 6-8 cups of water
- optional add-ins: onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a little stir. Add more water if necessary to cover the bones and scraps. Cook on low overnight, or 6-8 hours.
- When done and slightly cool, strain out bones and scraps and place broth in a large stock pot. Simmer on stove until reduced by at least half. Let cool completely and freeze in ice cube trays.
- When the cubes are frozen, pop them out and store in the freezer in a glass jar or plastic bag! Use 2 cubes of stock with 1 cup of water to get approximately 1 cup of stock, or just add cubes to any of your favorite beans, soups, pastas, and sauces.
- Category: Soup, Make Ahead