- 15-20 large dried medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup warm water
- Remove pits and stems from dates.
- Place dates in bowl and cover with warm water. Let sit for about 10 minutes until soft and mushy.
- Add dates to blender and blend, adding the water you soaked them in as you go. Continue blending and adding water until it reaches desired consistency, about 1 minute.
- Serve in place of honey!
- (Also: be sure to refrigerate it! Update: I modified the soaking time to 10 minutes instead of 1 hour. The first few times I soaked it for that long, but it is definitely not necessary.)
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Sauce, Sweetener