When it comes to perfection, I think roasted red peppers are pretty darn close to the real deal. This simple recipe will elevate your meals and make you feel like the fanciest home chef!
- 2 red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the bell peppers on a cookie sheet. (You can also cut them in half or in quarters if you prefer them to lie flat.)
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tops are completely blackened, flip and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a bowl or container. Seal with plastic wrap or a lid and set aside for one hour.
- After one hour, the steam from the hot peppers should have loosened the skins. Simply pull away the skins and scrape out the seeds and you’re done!
To save money, buy red peppers while they're on sale and then roast and freeze them for later use.
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Condiment, Make Ahead
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: roasted red peppers, how to make roasted red peppers