- 2 teaspoons salt*
- 2 teaspoons fennel
- 2 teaspoons spicy cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- optional: ground onion, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, ground celery seed, smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or small dish and stir well. Store in an airtight container. (Refrigeration not necessary.)
- To use: Stir 1 Tablespoons seasoning into 1 pound ground meat. Mix well and use immediately, or let rest for 30 minutes (up to overnight (in the fridge). Form into patties, or cook as you would any regular crumbled sausage. Alternatively, you can brown beef and sauté vegetables as usual, and add the seasoning during cooking.
*Feel free to omit the salt. You can choose to add more or less salt while cooking instead.
Use 1 Tablespoon for 1 pound of meat.
It’s also a delicious addition to potatoes, vegetables, soup, beans, rice, and more.