- 5 dried dates, soaked in warm water (or about 5-7 Tbsp date syrup)
- zest of one small lemon – about 1-2 teaspoons
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice (about half a lemon), to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Soak the dates in the warm water until soft, about 5 minutes or so. Add the dates to the blender with about 2-3 Tablespoons of the soaking water, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and zest. Blend until a paste forms.
- In a bowl, mix together almond meal, salt, and chia seeds. Add date paste and stir well. Taste and add more lemon juice if you desire. (Remember, the lemon flavor will fade a bit as it cooks.)
- Scoop one Tablespoon of dough at a time and roll a ball. (Makes 16 balls.) Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then flatten with your hands, a fork, or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake on 350º for 12-15 minutes. Nom.
- Notes: I used regular lemons, but feel free to use Meyer Lemons for a touch of added sweetness. These would also be great with a lemon-cream cheese frosting!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins