These bright and lemony muffins have the perfect hint of sweetness and are great for any age! Adapted from Elana’s Pantry.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil – melted coconut oil and ghee also work great
- 1–3 Tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, coconut sugar, lemon zest, and chia seeds. Mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients: eggs, oil or ghee, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- If using silicone liner, place on baking sheet first. Scoop batter into mini muffin liners, silicone mould, or mini muffin tin (if not using silicone, consider greasing the muffin cups first). This recipe makes approximately 18-22 mini muffins.
- Bake on 350ºF for 8-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you’ve never worked with coconut flour, you might be shocked that this recipe only calls for 1/4 cup – but it is not a mistake! This recipe makes a small amount of batter, and just 18-22 mini muffins.
Price and nutrition information is for 1 mini muffin, but I consider 3 mini muffins one serving.
Fat/Oil: Feel free to use ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil for these muffins.
Sweeteners: I’ve used both maple syrup and coconut sugar successfully.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo Baking