These delightful lemon bites pack about 3 grams of protein each, with under 5 grams of sugar. These lower-sugar, higher-protein bites are a well-balanced sweet treat with plenty of healthy fats!
- 1/2 cup dates (pits removed)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. I like mine more textured, so I blend and scrape until the dough sticks together, but while there are still chunks of nuts!
- Scoop into approximately 1 Tablespoon-sized chunks. Roll between your two palms until balls are formed and store in refrigerator or freezer. Optionally: you can top each with lemon zest or roll the balls in more hemp seeds.
I usually store these babies in the freezer since they don’t freeze solid so I can pop one out and eat it anytime, but they usually end up in my bento boxes for lunch!
Feel free to experiment with different nuts and flavors. Tag me on instagram @frugalnutrition or hashtag #frugalnutrition if you try a different combination – I’d love to see it! :)
- Category: Snack, Dessert