This lemon and parsley quinoa dish is the perfect side salad for summer barbecues and dinner parties! Pair with grilled chicken or chickpeas for added protein and enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1.5 cups water*
- pinch of salt
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the Salad:
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- parsley, for topping
- chopped greens, like arugula or romaine, are great here also!
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Place in pot with water, lemon zest (if you have it), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor or large jar and pulse or shake well.
- Pour dressing over cooked (and cooled) quinoa and stir well. You can dress the quinoa while still warm if time is short! ;)
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and chopped almonds. I like to line them up for a pretty display, but you can combine everything together.
- Serve as is or with avocado, feta, red onion, or shredded chicken.
- Many recipes and packages recommend 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water. This may work for warm dishes, but when you’re using quinoa in cold dishes, it is important to use 1 cup of quinoa and just 1.5 cups water.
- This recipe makes 6 servings if you’re just planning to add some protein and serve as is. However, it makes quite a lot, and can serve up to 12 as a grain-based side.
- Category: Side, Salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, quinoa, quinoa salad, lemon