- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- For the Salad:
- 3 cups cooked lentils (1 from dry)
- ⅓ cup minced red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped dried cherries
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese or feta
- ⅓ cup toasted pecan or walnut pieces
- 8 cups salad greens (2 cups per serving)
- For the Dressing: Combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and salt in a jar and shake-shake-shake until well combined.
- For the Salad: Cook lentils by bringing 1 cup dry lentils and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed and lentils are soft but slightly al dente – about 15 minutes.
- To toast nuts, add them to a dry skillet and toast over low heat for 2-5 minutes, until fragrant and warm.
- Combine the lentils, red onion, cherries, and about 2/3rds of the dressing and stir well. You can choose to stir in some of the goat cheese to coat the lentils, or you can crumble it all on top. Top with the pecans or walnuts and any remaining goat cheese. Serve over salad greens – mesclun or spinach – and enjoy!