Creamy, cheesy, vegan and Paleo, this ricotta cheese is the perfect stand-in for dairy-free folks. Its so good, your dairy-eating friends will prefer it!
- 1 cup unsalted roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or Himalayan)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1–2 Tablespoons water or broth
- optional: 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add macadamia nuts, cauliflower, salt, and lemon juice to food processor. Process until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides and add water or broth as needed. Add optional herbs and spices and process until a mostly smooth ricotta-like consistency is reached.
If using salted macadamia nuts, add the salt towards the end to avoid over-salting.