This spinach smoothie with mango and coconut is the perfect way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast or snack. This easy smoothie recipe travels well and takes just moments to prepare.
- 3 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small banana
- 3/4 cup mango chunks (or pineapple) - best if frozen
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (see homemade coconut milk here)
- Optional: add 2 scoops collagen or 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds for added protein
- Add the water and spinach to the blender and blend until pureed, stopping and pushing down the spinach if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients: banana, mango, coconut milk, (optional added protein) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses and serve!
Note: If I just need one serving, I still make 2 servings and store the 2nd in an airtight glass jar for 12-24 hours and then drink immediately after opening it.
Protein: If you want this as a meal replacement, I HIGHLY recommend adding protein to avoid a sugar bomb. I like collagen because it is completely flavorless, but hemp seeds or ground hemp seeds are also great here for a vegan option.
Servings: If pairing with a meal, can easily split this into 4 servings!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Drink, Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green smoothie recipe, spinach smoothie