- 8oz 100% Whole Wheat Pasta (2.5-3 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 8oz mushrooms (3ish cups sliced, 8-10 buttons)
- 1/2 small onion, either sliced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (~1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 oz spinach (3ish cups packed)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional red pepper flakes or parmesan for garnish
- Pour pasta into the bottom of the pot, then top with all other ingredients and the broth. (You want the pasta on the bottom, mostly covered with the liquid.)
- Turn burner to high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a high simmer.
- Uncovered, cook on a simmer for about 8-10 minutes, more or less in accordance with the pasta’s package directions, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach to pot, cover and let steam for about 30-60 seconds. Remove lid and stir, continuing to cook if necessary until just about all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Break or crumble the goat cheese into the pot and stir together well.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Entree