Easy Paleo Egg Muffins – Perfect for busy mornings! You can customize these however you like, and if you can handle dairy, feta and Parmesan go great here!
- 10 eggs
- 1–2 cups minced vegetables (I like bell peppers, zucchini, leafy greens, grape tomatoes, and onions*)
- 8 ounces of sausage or ground turkey, or 4 strips bacon
- oil for greasing muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Brown your meat on the stove, breaking it up as you cook, making sure it is cooked through. If using ground turkey, add any seasonings of choice (garlic, onion, fennel, smoked paprika, etc.)
- Chop vegetables. You can choose to cook them or not. For high-moisture vegetables like spinach and mushrooms, I recommend cooking them.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl or pyrex with a spout (makes it so much easier to pour).
- Grease the bottom of your muffin pan with your oil or lard of choice. Bacon grease works well, as does avocado oil. Coconut oil works well but does impart a bit of flavor. I usually use a silicone muffin tin so no greasing required.
- Begin layering your ingredients in the muffins tins and then fill with the whisked eggs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on 350ºF.
- Loosen edges with a butter knife to remove and serve 2-3 egg muffins per person.
- To reheat on busy mornings, nuke for about 25 seconds in the microwave. To reheat from frozen, nuke 3 times for 20 seconds at a time. (Checking to make sure it’s not rubbery.)
*Onions are high in FODMAPs, omit if necessary
Nutrition label includes: 1 cup kale, 1 cup bell pepper, 8 oz ground turkey
- Category: Breakfast