- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 sausages (pork sausage)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- In an oven-safe skillet, sauté sausage until cooked through. Remove sausage from pan (leave some grease in the skillet, do not train completely), and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions, peppers, and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Sauté in skillet until softened and onions are somewhat translucent.
- Mix in the cooked sausage, and add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and mix well. Create 6 little wells throughout the skillet (if you want – this is optional). If the skillet is dry, add a little coconut oil to the wells.
- Carefully break the eggs, one by one, into a bowl and pour into wells in the skillet.
- Bake on 375ºF for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set an the yolks are still runny. (or longer if you don’t like over-easy eggs.)
I cooked this for 15 minutes the day before, and reheated it on 400ºF for 5 minutes.