- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda <--probably optional --probably>
- 2 cups roughly chopped pears (about 3 small) - or feel free to use apples, bananas, etc.
- 2 dates or 1.5 tablespoons date puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter or coconut oil to grease baking dish
- Combine the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Roughly chop the pears and place in blender or food processor with the two dates (or date puree). Blend until a thick applesauce-ish texture is reached, stopping to stir or scrape down the sides as necessary. Add the milk, water, and vanilla and stir well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir well. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter or oil and pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake on 375ºF for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes however many bars you cut. I cut ours into 10 bars, but at this size, I think a full serving is like 1.5-2 bars.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins