- 1 large portobello mushroom
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tablespoon chopped onion*
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped spinach*
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- *Use more or less depending on the size of your portobellos!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dust off the mushroom cap, wiping away any dirt. Pull out the stem, but leave the gills.
- Wash and chop up the stem – cause why waste it? Mix it in a small bowl with the chopped spinach, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place the mushroom cap on a greased cookie sheet or oven-safe cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, then add the veggies, making a little well in the middle.
- Finally, crack an egg into the middle. (Try to keep it from running off the mushroom.)
- Bake on 375 F for 25-30 minutes, until the egg is cooked to your liking! (Alternatively, you can scramble the egg with the veggies beforehand if you don’t like runny yolks.)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast